To be Scotland’s leading authority on food safety, standards and healthy eating; using data and evidence to provide assurance and advice that inspires consumer confidence and improves public health.
Values and Guiding Principles
We will deliver our strategy through our values and guiding principles. These will underpin the approaches we take to achieve our vision for Scotland’s food environment.
- Customer focussed
- Keep public health and consumer protection at the heart of what we do
- Ensure our actions are targeted, recognising the diversity of people in Scotland and taking account of health inequalities
- Evidence based
- Ensure our work is underpinned by robust science and data
- Maintain an understanding of issues that matter most to consumers in Scotland
- Fair and proportionate
- Protect public health and economic growth – support compliance by regulating fairly, firmly and proportionally
- Establish trust, ensuring regulatory objectives are transparent and out actions are consistent and timely
- Preserve our independence, working at arm’s length from government and industry
- Influence UK policy development through robust risk analysis, recommending decisions which are in the best interests of consumers in Scotland
- Inclusive and open
- Respect the rights of every individual, organisation and business to have a say in the matters that affect them, and work collaboratively to achieve the greatest benefit for the people of Scotland
- Ensure transparency in our decision making, advice and recommendations, by publishing our evidence base and enabling those impacted to understand issues
We always have the consumer's best interests at heart and aim to be your go-to source of information when it comes to food safety and healthy eating.