What is Eatwell Everyday?
Eatwell Everyday shows you how you can use the Eatwell Guide to eat more healthily over a longer period of time.
There are two different weeks to look at and each meal contains tips and advice to help you create your own healthy balanced diet.
- Meals are based on starchy foods such as bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.
- Each day includes at least five portions of fruit & vegetables – fresh, frozen and tinned.
- The weeks contain some meat and other non-dairy sources of protein, along with at least one portion of oily fish each week.
- Each menu demonstrates the need to limit the amount of foods high in fats, salt and sugars.
- In addition, the resource encourages consumers to make longer term changes to their diets.