Guidance for Local Authorities on Non-EU country exports certification

1 documents for this subject


Local Authorities may sign export certificates for certain food products to countries outside the EU. 

Export certification is usually required by non-EU countries to provide assurance that exported food and feed complies with their import requirements.

The following document has been produced by COSLA/Society of Chief Officers of Environmental Health to assist local authorities when delivering certification functions.  Guidance in relation to export certification will be amended in light of new official controls requirements that apply from 14 December 2019.