The seminar will examine key issues for the future of food regulation across the UK
The event will include a keynote address from Heather Hancock, Chair, Food Standards Agency, as well as contributions from Geoff Ogle, Chief Executive, Food Standards Scotland and Keith Smyton, Head of Food Division, Welsh Government.
The conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers and will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: Defra; DFID; DHSC; DIT; Food Standards Agency; NAO and the Welsh Government.
Sessions bring out discussion on:
- Local responsibilities, powers and resources;
- Impact on environmental health professionals, including accreditation;
- Issues for businesses - evidence of compliance, data sharing and online registration;
- Rapid response - surveillance, horizon scanning and traceability; and
- Consumer engagement - confidence in UK food supply chains, composition and safety of food.