Honey Consultation 2015
The proposed Honey (Scotland) Regulations 2015 will revoke and replace the Honey (Scotland) Regulations 2003 as amended, in order to implement Council Directive 2001/110/EC as amended by Directive 2014/63/EU. The new requirements are to:
- Clarify the relevant labelling requirements for honey which originates in more than one Member State or third country by replacing the reference to ‘EC’ by a reference to ‘EU’
- Recognise that pollen, being a natural constituent particular to honey, should not be considered an ingredient of honey.
- Include a transitional measure which allows honey products placed on the market or labelled before 24 June 2015, in accordance with Directive 2001/110/EC to continue to be marketed until stocks are exhausted.
- ANNEX_F_-_Consultation_Feedback_Questionnaire_FSS DOCX (66KB)
- ANNEX_E_-__Data_Protection_Form_FSS_version DOCX (74KB)
- ANNEX_D_-_List_of_Interested_Parties DOCX (17KB)
- ANNEX_B_-_The_Honey__Scotland__Regulations_2015 DOC (118KB)
- ANNEX_C_Honey_BRIA_2015FSS_version DOC (204KB)
- ANNEX_A_-_Honey__Scotland__Regulations_2015_Consultation_FSS_version DOC (907KB)